If you use the Nvidia driver and updated your kernel, it’s possible that you run into a blackscreen after boot.
There are two solutions to solve this issue:
1. Boot into GRUB by pressing “shift” during boot.
2. Edit the starting command by pressing “e“.
3. Add “nomodeset” before “quiet splash“.
4. Press “Ctrl-x” to boot.
You should now see the GUI and be able to reinstall the Nvidia driver correctly.
5. Disable lightdm and reinstall the Nvidia driver.
If the solution above didn’t work for you, try these steps:
1. Boot into GRUB by pressing shift during boot.
2. Chose the recovery mode.
3. Choose “root” to go into the root shell
4. To leave read only mode enter “mount -o remount,rw /”
5. Remove all installed nvidia packages using “sudo apt-get remove –purge nvidia-*”
6. Continue following the stept mentioned at solution 1.
Because AMD and Nvidia provide different versions of the OpenCL header, the following error can occur compiling a program using libfreenect2 and a Nvidia GPU.
/usr/local/lib/libfreenect2.so: undefined reference to `clReleaseDevice'
/usr/local/lib/libfreenect2.so: undefined reference to `clRetainDevice'
This error can be fixed by installing:
sudo apt-get install ocl-icd-opencl-dev
After the installation, the undefined reference should be fixed.
Because I was dissatisfied with the results of my current noise reduction solutions (see last post) I modified an IKEA STUVA cupboard Continue reading
Just a small instruction how to wire a FTDI Basic Board to an Arduino Pro Mini to upload your sketch:
FTDI +5V to Arduino Vcc
FTDI Gnd to Arduino Gnd
FTDI RX to Arduino TX
FTDI TX to Arduino RX
FTDI DTR over a 100nF capacitor to Arduino Reset
Because the noise level of my Ultimaker (v1) became a challenge for my relation to my neighbours, I searched ways to make it less noisy. Here are the two most promising I found Continue reading
In this article, I explain how to integrate a Mi-Light WIFI WLAN Controller Bridge into a WLAN to control four different light zones using Mi-Light RGB LED Stripe Controller. Continue reading